Saturday, September 14, 2013

Promises,,,,

So, you say promises are meant to be broken.
How do you think some one cheated on, lied to and hurt would take this?
Very much to heart.
I am trying my damn-dest to trust you, to listen to you, to let you guide me,
then you said:
"Promises are meant to be broken."
I have done what you asked,
I did not know then that it meant not talking to me.
I know you are busy,
you have a life
and only think of me 
when it suits you.
Talking of things to happen in the future,
words spoken, only for me,
or are they truth.
Questions arise every moment you disappear.
But I know that is who you are, 
you have to run,
while I am stuck here, in place.
I kept up my part of the deal, 
I am not holding you to yours,
because,
Promises are meant to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment